Saturday, January 22, 2011

New shipment of bags has left Phnom Penh!!

The beautiful ladies at Empowering Cambodia have completed sewing our next shipment of bags and they have been shipped from Phnom Penh.  Both Nat and I are so excited to receive these bags. 

In October when I visited Cambodia, I took my wonderful friend Vy shopping to the Psar Olympic(Olympic Market) to find some gorgeous fabrics.  If you are a lover of sewing or creating, you would just love the Psar Olympic.  There are rows and rows of stalls selling fabrics at the most amazing prices.  The colours are so beautiful to see. 

Beautiful Colour Everywhere
 With Vy able to negotiate me some wonderful bargains for some gorgeous fabrics, I had a fantastic time imagining the beautiful designs Nat would come up with!
My beautiful friend Vy xx
Then I had the privelege again visiting the ladies of the Sew Empowered project of Empowering Cambodia.  It was lovely to see them again and be able to talk together about what juet srey aims to accomplish.  
One of our wonderful seamstresses!
Our bags will arrive this week so watch this space for news of their arrival!!

Gwen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment